Definition of Social EducationClick to read
Definition of Media EducationClick to read
Differences between Social Networks and Social MediaClick to read
social education, media education, social networks, social media
Clarify the meaning of the most widespread terminology related to the use of the Internet by digital immigrants.
The main obstacle in dealing with a topic that is not known is its terminology. This "model sheet" clarifies the differences between social networks and social media, between social education and media education and can be used as an essential starting point to tackle the issue of social education for digital tardives.
1) THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCIAL EDUCATION AND MEDIA EDUCATION
2) THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCIAL NETWORK AND SOCIAL MEDIA
3) IT IS NECESSARY TO IMPLEMENT STRATEGIES AIMED AT PROMOTING SOCIAL WELL-BEING IN THE VIRTUAL WORLD
4) THE UNLIMITED USE OF THE INTERNET ALLOWS INFINITE POTENTIAL FOR LEARNING AND EXPERIMENTATION BUT ALSO FOR THE RISKS CONNECTED TO THE "SUPERFICIAL USE OF VERY POWERFUL TOOLS"
5) THE "DIGITAL TARDIVES" ARE SUBJECTED TO THE GREATEST RISKS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT USED TO DEALING WITH UNWRITTEN RULES BELONGING TO A VIRTUAL WORLD OF WHICH THEY ARE NOT NATIVE
1. Module name : SOCIAL EDUCATION
1.1. Unit name: SOCIAL EDUCATION
1.1.1. Section Name: DEFINITION OF SOCIAL EDUCATION
1.1.2. Section Name: DEFINITION OF MEDIA EDUCATION
1.1.3. Section Name: DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SOCIAL NETWORKS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Test yourself and take our test
If you are in doubt with terms used in this course have a look at our
Related training material