Fundraising, campaign, solidarity, social engagement, timebank, mutual-help
At the end of this unit the learners will be able to:
- Promote a social cause and get socially engaged on social media
- Raise funds on social media
- Participate in mutual help groups
- Exchange skills on a timebank
Social networks are usually related to friends, family or professional opportunities. But they also expand the possibilities for socially engaged actions and even fundraisings. In this module you will learn how to foster solidarity and get financial support through social media. You will get more information about what platforms are relevant to which goals and how to build a socially engaged campaign. You will also have a grasp on what are mutual help groups and timebanks, tools allowing to exchange advices and skills.
1. It is legal to raise funds for social causes on social media
2. You should tailor your message and platform to your target group
3. It is crucial not to be too demanding, focus on impact, engage emotionally, give credible information and thank the donator.
4. Mutual help groups allow people to communicate and exchange based on personal experience and their own internal resources
5. Timebanks allow you to value your skills and benefit from other persons’ skills.
Unit 3- Mutual helps and solidarity online
3.1 Raising funds online
3.1.2 Tips for fundraising on social media
3.2 Mutual help groups online
3.2.2 The benefits of mutual help groups
3.3 Social engagement platforms online, timabanks
3.3.2 Main principles of a timebank
Test yourself and take our test
Please use the following ROOM NAME to access test: DIGITALSKILLS
If you are in doubt with terms used in this course have a look at our
Related training material